Wayne makes some of the best sump pumps out there and this little utility pump is no slouch. It makes for a great everyday utility pump and a great backup pump in case your primary pump were to fail.
It's energy efficient design sets it apart from many others. It only draws 2.5 amps which is only 300 Watts! This is really important if you are working off a generator or emergency battery system. Less power draw means longer run times! In addition it has a 1 1/4" output with hose adapter. This is very nice indeed! You can use it in place of your primry pump if it ever fails and get very good performance. The hose adapter is a nice feature when using it as a true utility or emergency pump.
I personally own this pump and LOVE it! There are a few reasons that aren't readily evident. First it has a sensor which means you can leave it alone and it will automatically turn on and off when it detects water. Second and most important - the sensor is not integragted into the pump. The pump has two power cords. The sensor plugs inthe wall and the pump plugs into the sensor. The great thing about this is that if the sensor fails you can still plug the pump in directly and use it as a manual pump! I've had another automatic pump from a different manufacturer that wasn't this way. When I needed it MOST it failed! This set up is supperior and one of the few utility pumps set up this way. I HIGHLY RECOMEND IT!
Here are some nice features of this pump:
- 1/4 HP Pumps about 1850GPH @ 10'
- Only draws 2.5 Amps running - This is important if running of batteries or where power is limited!
- iSwitch Sensing Technology turns the pump on and off automatically - No floats to break or jam!
- Oil Free motor allows for use in ponds or where aquatic life is sensitive to contamination
- Fully submersible in a corrosion resistant and sealed thermoplastic housing
- 1 1/4" Discharge - Includes 1-1/4" to 3/4" Garden Hose Adapter
- Bottom Suction design removes water down to 3/8"
- Can be used to empty pools, boating applications, ponds, stock tanks, rain barrels and roofs